Friday 8 January 2016

TO FORFEIT OR TO REFUND?

"My boss once asked what I want when I receive a new listing and I said "a closing". She said you must ask/pray for a smooth closing and satisfied buyer & seller so you can be a happy realtor.
Dalam economy tak stabil ni, tetap ada pembeli & penjual. Tetapi atas sebab luar kawalan, banyak kali terjadi duit deposit terpaksa dipulangkan padahal kami, orang tengah yang kerdil (walau ada kami yg oversize), sudah menjalankan tugas dengan betul. Titik peluh kami terpaksa dihalalkan sambil mengharap deal seterusnya yg tak pasti bila."

The above is my Facebook status few days ago.  One of my colleague is having difficult time in one of his deal. He is considering to abort the deal as buyer and seller not in agreement on some matter. I feel sorry for him because he has done his work dilligently. He sweat for it, spent money on advertising and telephone bills and other expenses. His has invested a lot of time to the property.  It is fare to ask him to make full refund to purchaser?  

Also, it is fare for the vendor? His property is on hold once earnest deposit collected. He might lose another offer during that period.  I do not have full story as I don't go to office as often as I should but knowing this situation made me sad. 

On other hand, I feel bad to forfeit purchaser's money. Property is always biggest purchase one make and the earnest deposit is defitenitely biggest investment he put down to. I would fight to get my money back if I'm in that situation.  

What will you do? 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking Care of Our Elderly

As we count our wrinkles, noticing new pain on our joints and all other changes on our body we sometimes forget that our parents, too, grow...