Thursday 19 June 2014

I am Always Working

I refuse to accept that for Real Estate Negotiator (ren), you are working only when you are showing houses to potential buyer or meeting new owner. No. It is more than that.

There are five cycles as ren:-

1. Prospecting
2. Seller
3. Buyer
4. Viewing
5. Closing


Prospecting

There are so many way to do this. You may see me looking at my phone constantly but do you know I am blasting sms/WhatsApp/e-mail to my potential clients. I send season greetings cards and also Thank you cards. Driving around housing estates and talking to security guards. A day out can be a work day if you know where to do prospecting. Seriously!

Seller

Your seller is the supplier to your stock (listing) to sell. He can be anyone. Your ex-boss, your ex, your sister, brother etc etc. Keeping in touch is also way of maintaining good relationship with your potential seller. 

Or, you can network with your colleagues. Easy peasy

Buyer

Easy to come by. Market your list and subsequently potential will come along and be your buyer. Again, network with your colleagues. They might have a buyer. 

Viewing

This is the fun part. Let the potential buyer see the unit. Let them touch it, feel it, visualising it. 50% chance of closing is in your hands.

Closing

This is hard for me. I do not have mojo to persuade and charm people with words. Always I let the house sell by itself. Off course I will do my best ensuring the property is suitable with potential buyer but I don't believe in forcing people to put down payment like some ren. 


So, when people tell me that I have an easy job I just my eyebrows. I'm always working.  Unlike you, you can clock out and not answer calls from your office.


Hot day but when you have to hand a signboard, you got to go!

Then you go home prepare a good meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking Care of Our Elderly

As we count our wrinkles, noticing new pain on our joints and all other changes on our body we sometimes forget that our parents, too, grow...