Wednesday 1 April 2015

I am tired

Being a real estate negotiator is not easy. The job is tough, competition is even tougher and sadly the income is not as rewarding as people want you to believe.  Having said that, there is lots of things that I love being real estate negotiator. I love the flexibility and ample time that I have, I love that I can pursue other project. I love meeting people and for that little sacrifice I have a dream to be a license real estate agent someday. 

Becoming a licensed agent is my retirement plan.  I imagine that when I'm in the age where I no longer has energy to go out and show people houses I can delegate to the staff to show that house, when all I want to do is travel the world and kicking off my bucket list I know I have my license to ensure a steady source of income.

So in 2012 I registered myself to Board of Valuers and Estate Agent for the examination to be one. The process to be a licensed agents:

1. Part 1 - 6 papers
2. Part 2 - 5 papers
3. Two years of practical/internship
4. Interview by the examination board.

I didn't put a deadline but if all go smoothly I should be doing my internship by now!

How life has other plan and sometimes what you wish for didn't fall thru.  My heart broke into pieces when I received the result last Monday. I failed (again) Accounting (expected) and Law (surprised).  I thought I did well in Law paper. But Lady Luck is not with me!

For now I want to put aside my dream, put it in box and lock it and put it far away so I won't cry.

p/s  but I do not want to look back and regret for not strive for it. ugh! What to do next is clear. But frankly, I am just tired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking Care of Our Elderly

As we count our wrinkles, noticing new pain on our joints and all other changes on our body we sometimes forget that our parents, too, grow...